- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis chicken avocado soup is the perfect spring time soup. A lightly flavored chicken broth with chunks of avocado, tomato and onion. Shredded chicken adds a hearty texture to this chicken soup that is easily made in one pot.
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 avocado
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the onions and garlic for 1 minute. Carefully add in the broth, oregano and the chicken. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and use 2 forks to shred the chicken.
- Place shredded chicken back in pot. Chop up the cilantro, tomato and avocado and add to soup. Let the soup sit for 10 mintues before serving.