- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 avocado
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the onions and garlic for 1 minute. Carefully add in the broth, oregano and the chicken. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and use 2 forks to shred the chicken.
- Place shredded chicken back in pot. Chop up the cilantro, tomato and avocado and add to soup. Let the soup sit for 10 mintues before serving.
NotesThis chicken avocado soup is the perfect spring time soup. A lightly flavored chicken broth with chunks of avocado, tomato and onion. Shredded chicken adds a hearty texture to this chicken soup that is easily made in one pot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
The One Dollar Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More