- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-15 ounce cans black beans, drained
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chunky salsa, divided
- 4 chicken breast halves, (I used a package of frozen tenders, about 8) or your favorite boneless chicken parts
- Cooked rice
- shredded cheddar cheese
- The recipe also says to use 2-8 ounce packages cream cheese cut into cubes, I forgot to add it. As a substitute, we stirred sour cream into each individual serving.
- Combine beans, corn, garlic, cumin and half of the salsa in a slow cooker.
- Arrange chicken over the top.
- Pour remaining salsa over the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 6 hours (thawed chicken) or 8 to 9 hours (for frozen) on low setting.
- Remove chicken, cut into serving size pieces. Return chicken to slow cooker.
- Stir in cream cheese (if you remember to add it!).
- Cook on high until cream cheese melts.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over rice.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
NotesI decided to make this 15 minutes before leaving for work this morning. I used frozen chicken. It turned out quite well.
Cooking with Sabra
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More