- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-15 ounce cans black beans, drained
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chunky salsa, divided
- 4 chicken breast halves, (I used a package of frozen tenders, about 8) or your favorite boneless chicken parts
- Cooked rice
- shredded cheddar cheese
- The recipe also says to use 2-8 ounce packages cream cheese cut into cubes, I forgot to add it. As a substitute, we stirred sour cream into each individual serving.
- Combine beans, corn, garlic, cumin and half of the salsa in a slow cooker.
- Arrange chicken over the top.
- Pour remaining salsa over the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 6 hours (thawed chicken) or 8 to 9 hours (for frozen) on low setting.
- Remove chicken, cut into serving size pieces. Return chicken to slow cooker.
- Stir in cream cheese (if you remember to add it!).
- Cook on high until cream cheese melts.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over rice.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
NotesI decided to make this 15 minutes before leaving for work this morning. I used frozen chicken. It turned out quite well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
The Social CookbookSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More