- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe soaking water from the sun-dried tomatoes can be refrigerated for several days. The liquid adds a layer of flavor to salad dressings, or can be used in place of part of the chicken or vegetable broth in recipes.
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- Soak sun-dried tomatoes in enough boiling water to just cover them. Set aside. Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium high. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened. Remove skillet from heat and transfer onions to small bowl. Drain tomatoes, discarding the soaking liquid or reserving it for another use. Add chopped tomatoes to onions and stir in basil and feta. Cut a horizontal slit in each chicken breast to form a pocket. Stuff each with 1/4 of cheese mixture. Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and saute for 6 minutes. Carefully turn them and cook another 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.