- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI tried adding this recently; it appeared, then disappeared, and I thought it reappeared but now I can't find it in my recipes again! Sooooo.... let's try this again! It's easy and a big favorite around my pad.
- 1 Chicken, cut up
- Olive Oil
- Penzey's Ozark seasoning
- Penzey's Italian Herbs seasoning
- 2-3cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1sm Onion, diced
- 1bag frozen Broccoli florets
- 1c Mayo
- 1c Sour Cream
- 1/4-1/3c White Wine
- Splash of Milk
- steamed long-grain Rice, white or brown
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in heavy skillet or dutch oven on med heat.
- Season chicken pieces liberally to suit you w/spices.
- Brown in oil til nearly cooked thru, 10-15min.
- Add garlic & onion; sauté along with chicken another 5min or so, til onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Season as needed w/spices.
- Add broccoli; reduce heat and cover.
- Cook 5min til broccoli no longer frozen and becoming bright green.
- Meanwhile, blend together mayo, sour cream and wine. Add to pot and stir.
- Add milk and/or additional wine to thin sauce.
- Add rice, cover and simmer another 10-15min, til rice has absorbed much of thin liquid, turning/stirring frequently to keep from sticking.
- Serve HOT! Garnish w/parsley and a little shredded cheddar or parmesan, if desired!
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More