- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI tried adding this recently; it appeared, then disappeared, and I thought it reappeared but now I can't find it in my recipes again! Sooooo.... let's try this again! It's easy and a big favorite around my pad.
- 1 Chicken, cut up
- Olive Oil
- Penzey's Ozark seasoning
- Penzey's Italian Herbs seasoning
- 2-3cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1sm Onion, diced
- 1bag frozen Broccoli florets
- 1c Mayo
- 1c Sour Cream
- 1/4-1/3c White Wine
- Splash of Milk
- steamed long-grain Rice, white or brown
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in heavy skillet or dutch oven on med heat.
- Season chicken pieces liberally to suit you w/spices.
- Brown in oil til nearly cooked thru, 10-15min.
- Add garlic & onion; sauté along with chicken another 5min or so, til onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Season as needed w/spices.
- Add broccoli; reduce heat and cover.
- Cook 5min til broccoli no longer frozen and becoming bright green.
- Meanwhile, blend together mayo, sour cream and wine. Add to pot and stir.
- Add milk and/or additional wine to thin sauce.
- Add rice, cover and simmer another 10-15min, til rice has absorbed much of thin liquid, turning/stirring frequently to keep from sticking.
- Serve HOT! Garnish w/parsley and a little shredded cheddar or parmesan, if desired!