- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 med onion
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 med carrot, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into wedges
- 2 cups white mushrooms, quartered (If you really want to up the ante substitue Chantrelle or porcini or mix them half and half.)
- 1 cup plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over high heat.
- Sear the chicken thighs until golden brown. Turn over and sear the other side.
- Add the garlic, onion, celery, carrot and bay leaves to the pot and stir and let cook for about 4 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and cook until it evaporates.
- Add the peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and stock and stir well.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 - 30 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked, tranfer it to a plate and let it sit, covered for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the sauce to a creamy consistency, adjust the seasoning, and stir in the parsley.
- Return the chicken to the pot to reheat and serve with the sauce spooned over the top.
NotesAnother great recipe from Massimo Capra's One Pot Italian Cookbook. Talk about healthy comfort food, this one will do it every time. Always makes my stomach smile when I eat this.
I like using some nice organic chicken thighs instead of using the whole chicken leg as the original recipe calls for.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Nick's PicksSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More