- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One 3 1/2 pound chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 cups peeled and chopped, firm ripe tomatoes (or canned plum tomatoes in their juice)
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat, add the onions and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally. Push the onions to the side. Add the garlic and chicken pieces, skin-side down. Cook until the chicken skin is golden brown, then turn pieces over and brown on the other side.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, on both sides. Add wine and simmer until reduced by half. Add the tomatoes, lower the heat and cover the skillet with the lid slightly ajar.
- Cook the chicken in the simmering liquid, turning and basting from time to time. Cook until the thighs are very tender and the meat is almost falling off the bones, about 40 minutes. If the stew ever starts to dry out, add a couple tablespoons of water.
- Serves 4-6.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Special SmoothiesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More