- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds), skinned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper strips
- 1 1/2 cups green bell pepper strips
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 cups hot cooked penne (about 3/4 pound uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Combine first 6 ingredients, and sprinkle 4 teaspoons oregano mixture evenly over chicken. Set remaining oregano mixture aside.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove chicken from the pan.
- Add mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion to pan; sprinkle with remaining oregano mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar, bay leaves, tomatoes, and tomato paste; stir to combine.
- Arrange the chicken over tomato mixture, and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 50 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Place 1 cup pasta in each of 6 shallow bowls; top each serving with 1 chicken breast half. Ladle 1 cup sauce over chicken, and sprinkle each serving with 4 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Nick's PicksSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More