- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 3 garlic cloves, 2 finely chopped, 1 cracked from the skin
- 4 anchovies, finely chopped
- A couple of handfuls of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- salt & coarse black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped - 1 handful
- 1 zest of lemon
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Crusty rolls, split
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Romaine heart, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Gourmet Potato Chips
- In a bowl, combine the ground chicken, finely chopped garlic, anchovies, a handful of the cheese, a pinch of salt, a generous amount of pepper, the Worcestershire, parsley and lemon zest.
- Score the mixture and form 4 oval, rather than round, patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, once around the pan, over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the chicken patties and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Preheat the broiler and toast the rolls on a cookie sheet or broiler pan.
- When they are lightly golden in color, remove the sheet from the oven and rub the breads with the cracked garlic clove.
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining handful of cheese.
- Return the sheet to the broiler for another 30 seconds, then remove it and let it stand.
- In a large bowl, combine the Dijon, lemon juice, and the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil with salt and pepper.
- Toss the romaine in the dressing.
- Place the patties on the roll bottoms and top them with a pile of dressed romaine, sliced tomatoes and the roll tops.
- Serve the burgers with chips alongside.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More