- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a nice, simple salad. The dressing is light and refreshing compared to the heavy creamy dressings that usually come with caesar salads. Skip the chicken and the dish is vegeterian!
- one head (3-4 cups) romaine lettuce, washed, rinsed and chopped into bite size strips
- - one chicken breast
- - one tbsp parmesan cheese (traditional, but I also like it with pecorino cheese!)
- Cook chicken breast fully (bake, broil, grill or pan fry). No need to use lots of oil here. I love those pump spray cans you can fill with olive oil and spritz directly into the pan (portion and calories control). Set chicken aside to rest or refrigerate.
- - Make the dressing (recipe follow and is repeated in salad dressings area as tangy cesar)
- - divide the romaine lettuce onto two plates and top each with with 1/2 tbsp grated cheese
- - slice the chicken into strips and top salads
- - spoon up to 2 tbps homemade dressing over each salad
- - pepper to taste