- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- one head (3-4 cups) romaine lettuce, washed, rinsed and chopped into bite size strips
- - one chicken breast
- - one tbsp parmesan cheese (traditional, but I also like it with pecorino cheese!)
- Cook chicken breast fully (bake, broil, grill or pan fry). No need to use lots of oil here. I love those pump spray cans you can fill with olive oil and spritz directly into the pan (portion and calories control). Set chicken aside to rest or refrigerate.
- - Make the dressing (recipe follow and is repeated in salad dressings area as tangy cesar)
- - divide the romaine lettuce onto two plates and top each with with 1/2 tbsp grated cheese
- - slice the chicken into strips and top salads
- - spoon up to 2 tbps homemade dressing over each salad
- - pepper to taste
NotesThis is a nice, simple salad. The dressing is light and refreshing compared to the heavy creamy dressings that usually come with caesar salads. Skip the chicken and the dish is vegeterian!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
A Falcon FeastSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More