CHICKEN CAPELLINI IN LEMON CREAM
- 1 lb. chicken tenders (tendon removed) or boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/3 cup AP flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. Crimini mushrooms, washed and sliced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 large lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 lb. dried cappelini (angel hair) or your favorite pasta
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano (garnish)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat until just beginning to smoke.
While the oil is heating, dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour and shake off all excess flour.
Place the chicken into the hot oil and brown on both sides (approximately 5 minutes total).
Add the mushrooms and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper and saute until almost done.
Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes (do not brown the garlic).
Add the juice from the lemon and stir, this will begin to thicken almost immediately.
Add the vermouth and stir.
Add the sour cream and stir until incorporated.
Add the heavy cream and stir to incorporate and then bring to a boil.
Turn down the heat and simmer until the pasta is done.
Fill a 6 qt. pot with 4 qts. of water and season with 2 Tbsp. of salt and bring to a rapid boil over high heat.
Add the pasta and cook for about 5 minutes or until al dente.
Drain the pasta but do not rinse!
Add 1 Tbsp of lemon zest and the chopped fresh thyme to the chicken and sauce and stir until incorporated.
Place your amount of cooked pasta onto your heated plate or bowl and spoon the sauce and chicken over the top.
Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano Reggiano and chopped Italian parsley.
You can substitute your favorite pasta for the cappelini if you like