- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. chicken tenders (tendon removed) or boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/3 cup AP flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. Crimini mushrooms, washed and sliced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 large lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 lb. dried cappelini (angel hair) or your favorite pasta
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano (garnish)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat until just beginning to smoke.
- While the oil is heating, dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour and shake off all excess flour.
- Place the chicken into the hot oil and brown on both sides (approximately 5 minutes total).
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper and saute until almost done.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes (do not brown the garlic).
- Add the juice from the lemon and stir, this will begin to thicken almost immediately.
- Add the vermouth and stir.
- Add the sour cream and stir until incorporated.
- Add the heavy cream and stir to incorporate and then bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer until the pasta is done.
- Fill a 6 qt. pot with 4 qts. of water and season with 2 Tbsp. of salt and bring to a rapid boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook for about 5 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta but do not rinse!
- Add 1 Tbsp of lemon zest and the chopped fresh thyme to the chicken and sauce and stir until incorporated.
- Place your amount of cooked pasta onto your heated plate or bowl and spoon the sauce and chicken over the top.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano Reggiano and chopped Italian parsley.
NotesThis recipe serves 2 - 4 depending on appetites
You can substitute your favorite pasta for the cappelini if you like
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More