- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes in puree
- 2 canned chipotle chilies in adobo, finely chopped (about 1 heaping tablespoon), plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from same can)
- Coarse salt
- 1 small cooked rotisserie chicken (about 1 3/4 pounds), skinned and shredded (about 4 cups), carcass discarded
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves, chopped, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 4 cups (about 3 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1.75 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- Combine oil and garlic in a large (3-to-4-quart) saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and sizzling, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their puree (breaking tomatoes up), chipotles and adobo, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; season with salt.
- Reduce heat and simmer rapidly until lightly thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring, until hot, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in chopped cilantro.
- Divide chips among four shallow bowls; top with chicken mixture and sauce. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, sour cream, and feta. Serve
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More