- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers
- 5 (14.5 ounce) cans great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, place the vegetable oil and chicken. Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until all pieces are evenly brown. Stir in the onions. Cook until translucent. Drain mixture and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the chicken broth and green chile peppers to a boil. Stir in 3 cans great northern beans, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, cilantro and crushed red pepper. Stir in the chicken and onion mixture, and reduce heat. Simmer 30 minutes or longer, adding additional beans from the remaining cans for a thicker consistency as desired.
NotesCan use leftover turkey, just as good as the chicken. I also place cheese,peppers,onions & sour cream on the table for toppers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More