- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cans Great Northern Beans
- 2 pounds uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 clove garlic clove(s, minced
- 2 medium onion(s, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 8 oz canned miled green chili peppers, chopped
- 4 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 20 oz 2% Milk Natural Cheese Monterey Jack Cheese
- Place chicken in large saucepan. Add cold water to cover and bring to simmer. Cook until tender, approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove from saucepan and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Using the same pan, discard water and heat oil over medium heat. Add onions until translucent. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, pepper, oregano and cloves. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken, beans (including juice), stock and 12 oz. cheese. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Ladle into large bowls and top with 1 oz. cheese. Serve with a side of fat free sour cream and chopped jalapeno peppers.
- 5 points / serving. Makes about 12 servings.
NotesThis is a mock recipe of Lewis & Clark's restaurant Chicken Chili. Lewis & Clark's is located in Old Town St. Charles, MO, on the Missouri River. If your ever in town, the cobblestone streets and antique stores takes you back to the early 1800's with all the rustic charm.
This is already low in points, but using 2% Milk Natural Cheese Monterey Jack Cheese lowers it by 1 point.
(nice thing is that you can 1/2 the recipe, then you have a reasonable amount left over for a quick and easy dinner a few nights away or a few simple lunches)