- Servings: 12
- 3 cans Great Northern Beans
- 2 pounds uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 clove garlic clove(s, minced
- 2 medium onion(s, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 8 oz canned miled green chili peppers, chopped
- 4 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 20 oz 2% Milk Natural Cheese Monterey Jack Cheese
Place chicken in large saucepan. Add cold water to cover and bring to simmer. Cook until tender, approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove from saucepan and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
Using the same pan, discard water and heat oil over medium heat. Add onions until translucent. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, pepper, oregano and cloves. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken, beans (including juice), stock and 12 oz. cheese. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Ladle into large bowls and top with 1 oz. cheese. Serve with a side of fat free sour cream and chopped jalapeno peppers.
5 points / serving. Makes about 12 servings.
This is already low in points, but using 2% Milk Natural Cheese Monterey Jack Cheese lowers it by 1 point.
(nice thing is that you can 1/2 the recipe, then you have a reasonable amount left over for a quick and easy dinner a few nights away or a few simple lunches)