CHICKEN COBBLER CASSEROLE
Chicken Cobbler Casserole
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6 Tbsp melted butter, divided
- 4 cups cubed sourdough rolls
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, sliced
- 1 (8-oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup white wine or buttermilk
- 1 (10 3/4-oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup drained and chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Toss 4 Tbsp melted butter with next 3 ingredients, set aside.
Saute onions in remaining 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Add mushrooms, and saute 5 minutes.
Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until bubbly.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch square or 11-x-7-inch baking dish; top evenly with bread mixture.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until casserole is golden brown.