- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 6 T butter, melted
- 4 c (1 can) cubed Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- 1/3 c shredded cheese....I prefer mexi-mix
- 2T fresh parsley
- 2 med onions, chopped
- 1 c white wine, I like a semi-sweet
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers, well drained and chopped.(can roast your own fresh red peppers or use green chilis (like Ortega) if you want a "Mexican" flair to your cobbler)
- 2.5c shredded chicken (for a quick casserole, I use the rotisserie chicken from the grocery store...ALREADY cooked!)
- Saute onions with 2T of butter
- Stir in wine and add soup, peppers and chicken
- Put in a casserole dish
- Toss biscuit cubes with remaining butter, cheese and parsley and cover chicken mixture in casserole dish
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, until biscuit topping is golden and casserole is bubbling.
NotesIf I need to take a quick meal to a sick friend or a housewarming...this is what I take. This is a really easy recipe and also freezes well. Serve with a bagged salad and you have a quick weeknight meal! This can also be made lower in fat by using olive oil in place of butter, and all the other ingredients come in low/non/reduced fat options as well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More