- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices ham
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Pound chicken breasts if they are too thick. Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.
- 2. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides.
- Add the wine and bouillon.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 3. Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter.
- Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet.
- Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken.
- Serve warm.
NotesI found this on allrecipes.com. It has a 5 star rating with 1,066 reviews, so it must be good, right?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More