- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices ham
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Pound chicken breasts if they are too thick. Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.
- 2. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides.
- Add the wine and bouillon.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 3. Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter.
- Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet.
- Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken.
- Serve warm.
NotesI found this on allrecipes.com. It has a 5 star rating with 1,066 reviews, so it must be good, right?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More