- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 large yukon gold potato (8 ounces), cubed
- 1 large carrot (4 ounces), sliced
- 2 stalks celery (about 6-8 inches), sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 can corn (11 ounces) kernels
- 28 ounces nonfat chicken broth (more as needed)
- 1 can lowfat cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning (usually a combination of sage, marjoram, savory, thyme and rosemary)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Poach the chicken in the broth with the poultry seasoning. When cooked, remove the chicken. This step is mostly because my chicken is always frozen when I want it. Also, you don’t want to overcook the chicken.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic and celery to the broth; bring back to a boil and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken back to the pot. Stir in corn and cream of chicken soup. Let cook about 15 minutes longer.
- Add water or skim milk to thin the soup if needed.
- Calories: 151
- Protein: 19
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fat: 2
NotesThis is my attempt to make a simple, tasty and lower fat and calorie chicken corn chowder.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More