- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 large yukon gold potato (8 ounces), cubed
- 1 large carrot (4 ounces), sliced
- 2 stalks celery (about 6-8 inches), sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 can corn (11 ounces) kernels
- 28 ounces nonfat chicken broth (more as needed)
- 1 can lowfat cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning (usually a combination of sage, marjoram, savory, thyme and rosemary)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Poach the chicken in the broth with the poultry seasoning. When cooked, remove the chicken. This step is mostly because my chicken is always frozen when I want it. Also, you don’t want to overcook the chicken.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic and celery to the broth; bring back to a boil and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken back to the pot. Stir in corn and cream of chicken soup. Let cook about 15 minutes longer.
- Add water or skim milk to thin the soup if needed.
- Calories: 151
- Protein: 19
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fat: 2
NotesThis is my attempt to make a simple, tasty and lower fat and calorie chicken corn chowder.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More