- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup oil for frying
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, with liquid
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until mixture is the color of a copper penny.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in bell pepper and onion.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, tomatoes with green chile peppers, mushrooms, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Stir together, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More