- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI am a fan of eating out, figuring out the recipe, and recreating it at home. I am also a fan of 1- or 2-pot peasant food, and Cajun or anything SPICY. So I had lunch at Yats the other day, and this is what I had!
- Olive Oil
- 2 Chicken breasts, diced
- 4 Carrots, diced
- 4 Celery, diced
- 1 ea of Tri-color Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 lg Vidalia Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 lg can crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4c+/- Louisiana RedHot sauce
- 1/4c+/- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- liberal sprinkling of ea: Cumin, Coriander, Cayenne, Pepper flakes
- dash of Sugar
- Rice, steamed in Chicken broth, to serve
- * Heat oil in Dutch oven; add chicken, and all veggies EXCEPT CANNED TOMATOS. Saute til chicken is browned and veggies begin to tender.
- * Add tomatoes, sauces to your liking/heat preference and season to taste w/salt & pepper and spices.
- * Bring to a low boil and cook 20-30min, stirring frequently, to reduce and stew chicken and veggies.
- * Reduce heat to VERY low to simmer for 1+hrs, til very thick and tender, chicken breaking apart.
- * Serve over steamed rice!