- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots or scallions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups light cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon, crumbled
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 12 crepes
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the shallots or scallions, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, stir to blend, and slowly add 1 cup of the cream, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth, wine, and tarragon, and stir over medium-low heat until the sauce thickens. Cook for 5 minutes. Beat 3 tablespoons of hot sauce into the yolks, and then return the yolk-sauce mixture to the saucepan, stirring briskly.
- Cook 1 minute more, and remove from the heat.
- Mix half the sauce the chicken and add salt to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). fill each crepe with 3 tablespoons of the filling. Roll and place seam side down in a baking dish approximately 13x9x2 inches.
- Then pour the rest of the sauce with the remaining 1/4 cup cream and spread it over the crepes. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the sauce begins to bubble.
NotesI haven't made these in a while, maybe a little fussy to make, but so good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More