- Cooking Time: 240
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 16 thin slices peeled fresh ginger (about 1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder for mild up to 8 for spicy
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander for mild up t0 3 for spicy
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin for mild up to 3 for spicy
- Coarse salt
- 2 packages frozen green peas (10 ounces each)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 potatoes cut up
- 1 jalapeño (optional for spicy)
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews (optional, for serving)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (optional, for serving)
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, toss chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, coriander, and cumin to coat. Season with 2 teaspoons salt. Add chicken stock & peas. Cover, cook on high setting until chicken is fork-tender, about 4 hours (do not uncover while cooking).
- STEP 2
- Stir in coconut milk; cover, cook until peas are heated through, about 20 minutes.
- STEP 3
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl; shred with fork. Return to pot; toss with sauce.
- STEP 4
- To serve, garnish with 1/2 cup toasted cashews and 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, if desired.
NotesThis is #2 of the crockpot recipes using common ingredients staged ahead of time.