CHICKEN CURRY WITH BROCCOLI & PEAS
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup diced yellow onion, roughly cut
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb chicken breast, bone/skin removed, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 2 Cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 Cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1 Cup frozen green peas
- 2 Cups cooked rice.
Heat oil in a large wok over medium-high heat.
Add onion, garlic, and ginger; saute 2 minutes.
Add chicken and saute 3 minutes, until golden on all sides.
Mix curry powder, coriander, salt, and pepper together and add mixture to coat chicken.
Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
Add broccoli and continue to simmer 5-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is tender.
Meanwhile, steam or cook rice according to package directions. Just before the rice is done, add frozen peas to steam with rice until crisp and green.
When chicken/broccoli mixture is done, remove from heat and stir in sour cream and chives.
Serve over rice/pea mixture.