- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup diced yellow onion, roughly cut
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb chicken breast, bone/skin removed, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 2 Cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 Cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1 Cup frozen green peas
- 2 Cups cooked rice.
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger; saute 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and saute 3 minutes, until golden on all sides.
- Mix curry powder, coriander, salt, and pepper together and add mixture to coat chicken.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and continue to simmer 5-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is tender.
- Meanwhile, steam or cook rice according to package directions. Just before the rice is done, add frozen peas to steam with rice until crisp and green.
- When chicken/broccoli mixture is done, remove from heat and stir in sour cream and chives.
- Serve over rice/pea mixture.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More