- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (either leave them as is, or cut them into bite sized chunks)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional but highly recommended)
- 1/2 cup crushed canned tomatoes (if you only have whole tomatoes on hand, just chop them up)
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
In a straight sided medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, place in skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, 6 - 8 minutes.
Remove chicken and set aside. Reduce heat to medium low.
Add onions and saute, stirring for about 2 minutes.
Stir in garlic and cook until onions are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Add ginger, curry, and garam masala, and cook, stirring, 1 - 2 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and chicken stock.
Add chicken breast and bring to a boil.
Cover skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook until chicken is tender, turning once, about 15 minutes.