- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (either leave them as is, or cut them into bite sized chunks)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional but highly recommended)
- 1/2 cup crushed canned tomatoes (if you only have whole tomatoes on hand, just chop them up)
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- In a straight sided medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, place in skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, 6 - 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add onions and saute, stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook until onions are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, curry, and garam masala, and cook, stirring, 1 - 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Add chicken breast and bring to a boil.
- Cover skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook until chicken is tender, turning once, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
NotesThis is a tomato based curry sauce. The recipe comes from Martha Stewart. Her recipe calls for chicken breast halves. I prefer to cut the chicken into chunks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Delightful DessertsSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More