- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 bunches fresh, stems trimmed & separated or 2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen broccoli
- ½ c. butter
- ½ c. flour
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. whipping cream or Half and Half
- 3 tbsp. white wine
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- White pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c. grated/shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked or approx. 3-4 c. any leftover chicken, de-boned, skin removed.
- (Chicken may be cooked by whichever method you choose. I prefer grilled or roasted.)
- 2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- ¼ c. grated or shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- *Combine topping ingredients & set aside.
- Slice or cube chicken & set aside.
- Steam broccoli until nearly done. Drain and set aside. (You can also use leftover broccoli if it’s still firm)
- Melt butter and gradually add flour.
- Stir constantly with a whisk. Do not brown flour but cook on medium-low for 1-3 minutes. Gradually add chicken broth and stir until thick.
- Gently whisk in cream or Half and Half, salt, pepper garlic powder, nutmeg and add cheese.
- Place chicken pieces and broccoli in baking dish. A 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish works best.
- Pour sauce over top, lightly mix, then sprinkle with crumb mixture and bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
NotesVicky Akins is the MidLife Road Trip's Production Assistant. Her talents don't stop there. She is an accomplished cook and baker. How lucky can one Road Trip Show be? As passionate as she is about the show, she is equally as passionate about what goes on the dinner table. From time to time she shares some of her delicious 'productions' and this is one of those...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Get Cookin'See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More