CHICKEN DIVAN CASSEROLE
- Cooking Time: 70-80
- Servings: 3-4
- 3 or 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 2 cups water
- 1 family size bag of broccoli, frozen or large fresh head, chopped
- 2 - 10 3/4 oz cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Hellmans / Best Foods)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese (any kind; I prefer sharp cheddar)
In a large pot, bring the broth and water to a boil.
Add chicken and simmer, covered, for 9 minutes.
Remove pot from heat and let chicken stand in cooking liquid, covered, until, cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until tender (about 10 minutes once the water comes to boil).
Preheat oven to 350.
Lightly spray a 13x9 baking pan with vegetable oil.
Put chopped broccoli evenly in the bottom of the pan.
Cut up the chicken into cubes or small pieces.
In a large bowl, mix together the soup, mayonnaise, evaporated milk, curry powder, garlic powder, black pepper, lemon juice, cheese, and chopped chicken.
Pour the mixture over the broccoli as evenly as possible.
Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.