- Chicken from 1 whole roasted or boiled chicken, torn or cut into pieces.
- 2 bunches of Broccoli steamed
- 6 - 10 oz of shredded cheddar cheese (depending on how much melted cheese you want on top)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of butter or olive oil
- 4 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 can cream chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350'
Heat olive oil in pan and saute mushrooms and onions until tender.
Add garlic, curry, paprika, tumeric and ginger. Then add cream of chicken soup, sour cream and broth.
Stir until well blended.
Lightly spray a 13x9 casserole with non stick spray.
Cover bottom with steamed broccoli, then layer with chicken.
Pour curry sauce over chicken and broccoli. Evenly cover with shredded cheese.
Heat in oven until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through, approx. 20-30 minutes.
If you want a richer sauce, substitute mayo for the sour cream.