- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe photo doesn't do this recipe justice. It's very tasty.
- 2 (10 oz. each) frozen broccoli, cooked & drained
- 4 T. butter
- 4 T. flour
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1/2 c. heavy cream, whipped (substitution: evaporated milk)
- 3 T. dry white wine or sherry
- 4 (about 1 lb.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked & diced
- 2 c. cheddar, shredded
- 1 c. Parmesan, shredded
- Place broccoli in a 13 x 9" pan. Melt butter in a saucepan, blend in flour gradually. Add stock & cook; stirring occasionally until thick. Simmer & stir for 10 minutes. Add cream, wine & pepper. Pour half of sauce over broccoli then add half of the chicken on top. Add remaining sauce, cheddar, & Parmesan. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.