- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (4 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped celery (2 medium stalks)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons chicken broth or dry white wine, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked
- Cut chicken into bite-size chunks.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, celery and onion.
- Sauté mixture until chicken is opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Add pepper, basil and thyme to skillet.
- Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons chicken broth.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes longer.
- Combine remaining chicken broth, milk, and cream cheese in a small heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring continually, until mixture is smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Spread cooked noodles on a serving platter. Place chicken mixture over noodles.
- Spoon cream sauce over top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Italian Exchange
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More