- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut up
- 3/4 head cabbage, shredded thin
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 scallions
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pkg. egg roll wrappers (about 20 wrappers)
- Combine 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 clove minced garlic, and 2 chopped scallions in a resealable bag.
- Add chicken to marinade.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in wok or large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken with the marinade juices to the wok. Cook about 5 minutes, then add another clove of minced garlic, and add the last tbsp of soy sauce to the chicken mixture.
- Cook about 5 minutes more.
- Remove chicken from the wok and place in a bowl to cool.
- To the same pan, add the shredded cabbage and carrots.
- Stir fry until vegetables become slightly wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Work in your bean sprouts and cook 1 minute more.
- Remove wok from heat.
- Once your chicken has cooled, break it down into bite sized pieces.
- Add the chicken into the vegetable mixture and toss.
- To help prevent sogginess, strain the egg roll mixture in a colander.
- Bundle up some paper towels and press down on the mixture with your palms.
- Press out as much liquid as you can.
- Then, let mixture cool for about 30 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl. Sprinkle a bit of the cornstarch on your plate for the rolled egg rolls as well.
- This will help to prevent the rolls from sticking to the plate.
- Dip your finger in the cornstarch/water mixture and wet the sides.
- Put a small handful of chicken mixture (about 2 ounces) in the center of the wrapper.
- Then fold up according to the package directions.
- Heat oil to 350 and carefully drop rolled up egg rolls into the hot oil.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, turning once.
- Remove egg rolls from hot oil and drain, VERTICALLY, in a pot lined with paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
NotesMy mother-in-law gave me this recipe a couple of years ago. Prep is a bit time consuming, but worth it. They will be a hit, guaranteed!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More