CHICKEN ENCHHILADA CASSEROLE
- 1 Tbs. Canola oil
- 1 Cup pre-chopped fresh onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- Dash of ground pepper
- 2 (15oz.) cans of Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained.
- 2 Cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided.
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, divided.
- 18 (6 inch) corn tortillas, divided.
- Cooking Spray
- 2 Cups (8oz) Pre-shredded reduced fat 4 cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided.
- 1 cup 1% low fat milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- 1 (16 oz.) jar green salsa
- 10 Tbs. reduced fat sour cream
- Cilantro springs (optional)
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pre-chopped onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Stir in beans; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chicken, 1/2 cup green onion, and 7 Tbs. ripe olives; stir well.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Layer 6 tortillas on bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread 2 cups chicken mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 6 tortillas.
4. Combine milk, chopped cilantro, and salsa in a blender, and process until smooth. Pour over the top of the torillas. Cover and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, remaining 1/2 cup green onions, and remaining 1 Tbs olives.
Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Serve with sour cream.
Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired