- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place chicken breast halves on a medium baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove from heat, cool and shred.
- Place shredded chicken in a medium bowl, and mix in cream cheese, mayonnaise, Cheddar cheese, green chile peppers and jalapeno pepper. Transfer the chicken mixture to a medium baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
NotesI got this from allrecipes.com, and made it for a party I went to this weekend. It got rave reviews!
What I changed: I didn't have time to cook chicken, so I used 2 10oz. cans of chunk chicken. If I made this again, I would probably try to use the chicken breasts as called for in the recipe, but using the chunk chicken made this so much easier. Also, instead of using 8oz. of mayo, I used 4 oz. mayo and 4 oz. of sour cream.