- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 cup masa harina
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a large pot over medium heat, cook chicken breasts in oil until well browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- 2. Cook onion and garlic in remaining oil until onions are translucent. Pour in chicken broth.
- 3. In a bowl, whisk together masa harina and 2 cups water until well blended. Pour into pot with remaining 1 cup water, enchilada sauce, Cheddar, salt, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil.
- 4. Shred cooked chicken and add it to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, until thickened.
NotesThis is a copy of a favorite served at a local restaurant. My family loves it! Serve soup in bowls garnished with shredded Cheddar or Jack cheese and crumbed tortilla chips. Thanks Karen Hix for sharing.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More