- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 cup masa harina
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a large pot over medium heat, cook chicken breasts in oil until well browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- 2. Cook onion and garlic in remaining oil until onions are translucent. Pour in chicken broth.
- 3. In a bowl, whisk together masa harina and 2 cups water until well blended. Pour into pot with remaining 1 cup water, enchilada sauce, Cheddar, salt, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil.
- 4. Shred cooked chicken and add it to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, until thickened.
NotesThis is a copy of a favorite served at a local restaurant. My family loves it! Serve soup in bowls garnished with shredded Cheddar or Jack cheese and crumbed tortilla chips. Thanks Karen Hix for sharing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Short & SweetSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More