- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2-3 Chicken breasts, diced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 ear fresh Corn, blanched and cut from cob
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 sm can diced Green Chilis
- 1 can Ro-Tel Tomatoes or other Mexican-style tomatoes w/lime & chilis
- 1/4c fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 - 2c Chicken Broth
- 1/2c Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar-Jack Cheese, for garnish
- * Saute chicken in butter in soup pot or Dutch oven til brown. Season w/salt & pepper.
- * Add all remaining EXCEPT sour cream. Bring to a low boil and simmer 20-30min.
- * Add sour cream, blend well and heat through.
- * Serve topped with shredded cheddar/jack cheese blend.
- *** Hubby crunched up some of his fav Mexican junk snacks, Salsa Grava flavor Takis, which are rolled corn chips dusted in chili powder. Gave it a little more texture.
NotesWe have a new Sunday hangout- Red Lion Grog House in the Square. Sunday's .40 cent wings, $3 Sun Kings, and Hubby had the soup du jour. It was, you guessed it, Chicken Enchilada soup! It was mighty tasty, and I said, "I can make that"! It's pretty simple, and I had everything in it at home, so when we got back, I gave it a shot. Mine was a little soupier, but I'm guessing that's because the supplier had put a thickening agent of some sort in it. Tasty!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More