CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2-3 Chicken breasts, diced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 ear fresh Corn, blanched and cut from cob
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 sm can diced Green Chilis
- 1 can Ro-Tel Tomatoes or other Mexican-style tomatoes w/lime & chilis
- 1/4c fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 - 2c Chicken Broth
- 1/2c Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar-Jack Cheese, for garnish
* Saute chicken in butter in soup pot or Dutch oven til brown. Season w/salt & pepper.
* Add all remaining EXCEPT sour cream. Bring to a low boil and simmer 20-30min.
* Add sour cream, blend well and heat through.
* Serve topped with shredded cheddar/jack cheese blend.
*** Hubby crunched up some of his fav Mexican junk snacks, Salsa Grava flavor Takis, which are rolled corn chips dusted in chili powder. Gave it a little more texture.