- Cooking Time: 40min
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast fillets (approx 3 fillets)
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon diced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup masa harina
- 3 cups water
- 1 can enchilada sauce (Regular or Hot is fine)
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
- ½ teaspoon cumin (more or less to taste)
- 1. Cube chicken breast s. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to large pot over medium heat. Add chicken breast to pot and brown it. Set chicken aside.
- 2. Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat until onions become translucent. Add chicken broth.
- 3. Combine Masa Harina with 2 cups water in a medium bowl and wisk until blended. Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic and broth.
- 4. Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring to boil.
- 5. Chop the chicken cubes into small bite size pieces and add it to the pot. Reduce and simmer until thick.
NotesChili's has a great Chicken Enchilada soup. After I had some one day I decided to see if I could find the recipe online. I searched for a bit and located this recipe. Every since I first made it, whenever friends and family have a party they request I bring some along...
Submitted by: "Tom Jensen"