- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOverall a pretty simple recipe, and definitely a tasty one.
- 4 cooked chicken breasts or 1 whole roasted chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 8 oz Velvetta, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (12 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cube chicken & place in a medium skillet. Add the onion, sour cream, Velvetta, oregano and ground black pepper. Heat until cheese melts. Stir in salt, tomato sauce, chili powder, and green pepper.
- Roll even amounts of the mixture in the tortillas. Arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with taco sauce and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
Heart Healthy Recipes from The HUB at UW-MilwaukeeSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More