- Cooking Time: 180
- Servings: 6-10
- Preparation Time: 45
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1 can large whole tomatoes
- 2 cans whole green chiles
- 2 large onions
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 pkg Kraft Cheddar cheese (round)
- 3 T New Mexico chili powder
- salt & pepper & garlic to taste
- 2 pkg. corn tortillas
- Cook chicken breast covered in water about 75 min.
- Take chicken breasts out to cool.
- Leave water in the pan.
- Add 1 can whole tomatoes.
- Add 2 cans whole green chiles.
- Add 2 onions, cut in rings then in half.
- Season with garlic, salt, pepper & chili powder to taste.
- Cook for 90 minutes on medium heat with no lid.
- Bone chicken breast and tear into strips.
- Add sour cream.
- Grate cheese.
- Cook tortillas lightly in frying pan with small amount of oil in pan.
- Place sauce, chicken, and cheese on tortilla.
- Repeat many times!
- Cover all with cheese and sauce.
- Cook at 425 for 20 min.
- Makes at least 2 big 9x12 pans of enchiladas.
NotesThis comes from a friend of mine, and it makes tons!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More