- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 18 corn tortillas, medium
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 5 cups colby and monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the chicken in broth until done. Drain & chop into small pieces.
- Spray a 13x9" pan with cooking spray.
- Dip tortillas in the enchilada sauce one at a time, making sure they are completely covered with sauce.
- Layer covered tortillas in the bottom of the pan, it should take six.
- Add a layer of chicken, onion & cheese.
- You don't want the tortillas to be completely covered with any one of the ingredients but you should put about half of the chicken & onion & about 1/3 of the cheese.
- Add a another layer of the tortillas dipped in sauce.
- Press down gently all over the pan.
- Add the remaining chicken, onion and cheese mixture.
- Add remaining layer of tortillas dipped in sauce & press down gently again all over the pan.
- Add the remaining cheese on the top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until cheese is bubbly, starting to brown and the casserole is hot all the way through
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More