- Cooking Time: 38 to 45 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, chopped into small pieces. ( or use canned artichoke hearts)
- 1 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves ( 6 ounces each), pounded to 1/8 thickness
- salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 4 thin slices of prociutto, halved
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs and 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs, combined
- Place artichoke hearts, cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. set aside
- Lay each pounded chicken breast on a flat surface with narrow end toward you. place a half slice of prosciutto on lower portion of each breast. Add about 1/4 cup of the artichoke mixture over the ham. Do not spread out mixture. Roll up chicken breast to encase mixture. ( I use a toothpick to hold each breast together)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Carefully dip top and sides of chicken, roll in melted butter, or brush butter onto top and sides, then dip sides and top into bread crumb mixture. Place seam side down, ( side without coating) on jelly roll pan.
- To ensure even browning, do not let chicken breasts touch each other.
- Bake in preheated oven 38 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and top is golden. Serve with brandied Dijon cream sauce, or serve on the side.
NotesThis is a recipie that I clipped out of the newspaper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More