- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 T ground cumin
- 16 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, divided
- Sour cream, chopped green onions, and salsa (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, peppers, and onion; cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook for 10 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; beat with a fork.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat, rotating pan to coat bottom.
- Add 1/4 of egg mixture.
- As eggs start to cook, gently lift edges with a spatula and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Top half of omelette with 1/4 of chicken mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese; fold omelette in half.
- Repeat procedure with remaining butter, egg mixture, and chicken mixture.
- Top with sour cream, salsa, and green onion, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More