CHICKEN FAJITA OMELET
- Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 T ground cumin
- 16 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, divided
- Sour cream, chopped green onions, and salsa (optional)
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Add chicken, peppers, and onion; cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook for 10 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; beat with a fork.
In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat, rotating pan to coat bottom.
Add 1/4 of egg mixture.
As eggs start to cook, gently lift edges with a spatula and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath.
Top half of omelette with 1/4 of chicken mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese; fold omelette in half.
Repeat procedure with remaining butter, egg mixture, and chicken mixture.
Top with sour cream, salsa, and green onion, if desired.