- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. ground fajita seasoning, such as McCormick's
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 3 peppers, sliced, 3 cups
- 1 onion, sliced, 1 cup
- 1 jar salsa (16 oz.)
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tsp. fajita seasoning. In 12" nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally until browned, 4 - 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to platter; reserve.
- In same skillet, cook peppers, onions and remaining fajita seasoning until softened, 7 - 8 minutes. Stir in salsa, chicken and reserved pasta water. Cook until hot and bubbly, 2 minutes. Toss with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. If desired garnish with sour cream.
- **can't remember which magazine I cut this out of.
Notescan't remember which magazine I cut this out of.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More