- Servings: 4
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 Tab fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (each 6 oz)
- 3 Tab vegetable oil
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow or both), ribs and seeds removed, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Assorted accompaniment such as, cilantro, sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack, salsa, lettuce, lime wedges
In a medium bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine garlic, lime juice, cumin, 2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
Heat 2 Tab oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts; cook until opaque throughout, 6 - 8 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate, wipe skillet with a paper towel.
Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet. Add peppers and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 5 - 7 minutes.
Thinly slice chicken; serve with cooked vegetables and desired accompaniments, letting guests assemble their own fajitas.