- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb chicken breast cubed and sauted
- (optional) 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 5 TB Butter (cubed small)
- 12 oz cooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmegiano-Reggianoplus more for serving
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- (optional) 1 tsp tarragon (Only if using the mushrooms)
- 1/4 tsp white pepper (or black)
- Salt to Taste
- Boil Fettuccine in salted water.
- Saute chicken (and mushrooms if using) and set aside. (If you intend on using the same skillet for the sauce, wipe it out, as the chicken fat will cause the cheese to seize and not melt properly.)
- In a large skillet heat half and half to a simmer over low heat, add butter, garlic and nutmeg and simmer 2 more minutes. (Add tarragon if using mushrooms)
- Add the cooked noodles and stir to coat them.
- Then add about 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and stir until it is melted and smooth.
- Add in the chicken only after the sauce has been built onto the noodles.. Stir chicken to coak lightly and serve with extra Parmegiano-Reggiano
NotesNot really al'Alfredo, but more the familiar "alfredo sauce". This is quick and simple and always impresses.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More