CHICKEN FLORENTINE ARTICHOKE BAKE
Chicken Florentine Artichoke Bake
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6 - 8
- 8 oz bow tie pasta, cooked
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 - 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered (I used frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and quartered)
- 1 - 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese (I used mozzarella cheese)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Preheat your oven to 350'F
In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat and cook the onions until tender, stirring occasionally (about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, italian seasoning, red pepper, salt and pepper.
Stir in the chicken, artichokes and spinach
Then stir in the cooked pasta, onion, jack (mozzarella) cheese and dried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
Bake covered for 20 minutes
Meanwhile...in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, melted butter and paprika.
Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the casserole and then sprinkle the garlic slivers over the crumbs. Continue to bake, uncovered for 10 minutes, or until golden. Let stand an additional 10 minutes before serving.