- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz bow tie pasta, cooked
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 - 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered (I used frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and quartered)
- 1 - 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese (I used mozzarella cheese)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350'F
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat and cook the onions until tender, stirring occasionally (about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, italian seasoning, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken, artichokes and spinach
- Then stir in the cooked pasta, onion, jack (mozzarella) cheese and dried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- Bake covered for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile...in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, melted butter and paprika.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the casserole and then sprinkle the garlic slivers over the crumbs. Continue to bake, uncovered for 10 minutes, or until golden. Let stand an additional 10 minutes before serving.
NotesHave you ever thought..."I wanna cook something with "such and such" ingredients...but what?" Then you spend the day wracking your brain (in the secret backgrounds of your mind while you're at work) trying to figure out what you're going to possibly come up with? As I thumbed through a Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook I discovered this recipe, which happened to include my 2 main ingredients...Chicken and Artichoke Hearts!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More