- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded thin, to about the size of your hand
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 3 TB water
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 TB butter
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- In 2 wide shallow bowls (I often use pie tins) combine the flour and a good amount of salt in pepper in one, and the eggs and water in another. (save the flour)
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour and dip into the egg. Fry the chicken for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Put the lemon slices into the skillet and cook for a minute or two, until fragrant. Add the wine, chicken broth and lemon juice. Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce a bit. Take the butter and roll it in the reserved flour. Break it into pieces and add it to the sauce. Stir until the butter is incorporated and the flour has dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and put the chicken back into the pan. Arrange the lemon slices on top of the chicken and simmer gently for about 2 minutes to reheat the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parsley when serving.
NotesOne of my favorite dishes is Chicken Picatta. This dish is almost identical. It has a little more lemon flavor. Wine is included and capers have been excluded. Bottom line? It's delish! Add in a few steamed red potatoes and broccoli and you have yourself a simple, quick and easy meal for hectic weekdays, yet its good enough for dinner guests.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More