- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-7
- Preparation Time:
- 1½ pounds cooked chicken breast, cubed, I cooked mine in extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 3 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked noodles, I used Bowtie noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 2 (10.75 ounce cans) cream of chicken soup
- 1¾ cups milk
- ¼ cup Miracle Whip (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, I used basil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups cubed French bread, I used a cheddar cheese Artisan Bread and I buttered it
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Season chicken with Lawry's Seasoned Salt and cook until no longer pink and temp reaches 165°
- In a large pan bring the water to boiling; add the noodles. Reduce heat; boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the stir-fry vegetables. Return to boiling; continue boiling gently for 4 minutes until noodles are tender yet firm. Drain; rinse under cold water. Drain again and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together soup, milk, Miracle Whip, parsley, and pepper. Add chicken and pasta-vegetable mixture. Mix until combined. Transfer chicken-pasta mixture to a 9x13 baking dish; top with bread cubes. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pasta mixture is bubbly.
- Makes 6-7 servings.
NotesWhen I first read this recipe I was a little concerned that the bread might burn but it turned out perfect like little toasty croutons! Very impressive dish! Nice and creamy with veggies throughout and crunchy cubes of French bread to top it off! I found that the finished dish needed more salt even though there was seasoning on the chicken, pepper in the sauce and garlic powder on top! I suggest salting everything before baking and stir it up well! Then add the French bread! Delicious!
This was pictured on the cover of a Better Homes and Gardens Homestyle Casseroles booklet from 2003.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More