- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds cubed round steaks
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper evenly over steaks. Set aside.
- Stir together remaining 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 1 1/2 cups flour in a shallow dish. Stir baking soda into 1 cup water in a bowl.
- Dip each steak in water mixture, and dredge in flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a large heavy skillet; heat to 360°. Fry steaks 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan. Keep steaks warm in a 225° oven. Drain hot oil, reserving cooked bits and 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Whisk remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/4 cup flour into drippings in skillet; cook, whisking constantly, over medium-high heat 1 minute. Whisk in broth; cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with steaks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More