- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds cubed round steaks
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper evenly over steaks. Set aside.
- Stir together remaining 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 1 1/2 cups flour in a shallow dish. Stir baking soda into 1 cup water in a bowl.
- Dip each steak in water mixture, and dredge in flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a large heavy skillet; heat to 360°. Fry steaks 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan. Keep steaks warm in a 225° oven. Drain hot oil, reserving cooked bits and 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Whisk remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/4 cup flour into drippings in skillet; cook, whisking constantly, over medium-high heat 1 minute. Whisk in broth; cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with steaks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More