- Cooking Time: 45-60 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2-4 Chicken Breast (depending on the size of the pieces.)
- 1-Box Chicken Rice A Roni OR Oriental Rice A Roni
- 1-can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Brown chicken breast in skillet with butter or margarine. When browned remove from skillet. Let cool slightly, then cut into cubes. Set aside.
- Make Rice A Roni according to instructions on package.
- After adding water and spice packet to the Rice A Roni, also add the can of Cream of Mushroom Soup. Mix well.
- Return chunks of chicken to skillet, mix well. Cover and simmer approx 45 min - 1 hour. Or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir frequently once mixture starts to thicken to keep from scorching.
- This is a great one pot meal.
NotesThis is a recipe that was made in desperation one night. I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner w/only a few things in the house to work with. Payday was still 2-3 days off and the cupboards were pretty bare. Well I had chicken breast in the freezer, chicken flavored rice a roni, and cream of mushroom soup. The name came about when my kids asked me what I was making....I said the first thing that came to my mind.....Chicken Glop! One hr later we had dinner on the table and my kids LOVED it!!! To this day they still ask for chicken glop! My daughter is 21 and a mom herself now. When her little brother who's 16 went to stay w/her, you guessed it...they made Chicken Glop for supper....together!!! This is the EASIEST dinner you'll ever make! Add a salad and some green beans and poof! Dinner is ready!