- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 6-8 Chicken Thighs
- Olive Oil
- Seasoned Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 6-8 Pita Breads
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Red Onion, Sliced thinly
- Green Onion, sliced thinly (opt)
- Parsley, roughly chopped (opt)
- Tzaziki Sauce:
- 1/4 C. Plain Yogurt
- 2 TBLSP. Sour Cream
- 1/4 C. English Cucumber (or regular cucumber), grated and drained thoroughly
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced finely
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Lg tsp. fresh Dill
- 1 tsp. dried Marjoram
- 1 tsp. dried Oregano
- Make the Tzaziki sauce first. If you can, make it an hour earlier. The flavors have marinated better by then.
- Drizzle chicken with oil and season with the salt and pepper. Then grill over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked. *If you would rather bake it, you may bake the chicken in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Place Pitas in tin foil and place in the grill (or oven) for the last 5 minutes of cooking the chicken, to warm them through and make them pliable.
- When the chicken is fully cooked and ready, let the chicken cool for a few minutes, then shred the chicken up and serve with the pitas, Tzaziki Sauce, tomatoes and onion.
- Mix all of the ingredients together well, place Tzaziki Sauce: in a bowel and place in the fridge, for an hour, or until needed.
NotesThis past summer my husband and I went to Mykonos, Greece and we fell in love with Gyros. They are undeniably Excellent! This is not an authentic recipe. This is only my take on the Greek Gyros we had.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More