- Cooking Time: 55 min.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ounces olive oil, divided
- 2 red onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, with bone and skin
- 6 ounces beer
- 4 ounces water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds red potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, diced, for garnish
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, for garnish
- In medium saute pan, add 2 ounces olive oil, onions, garlic, and peppers and saute until translucent. Add chicken and brown on all sides. Remove half of the onion and pepper mixture.
- Continue to cook chicken and deglaze with beer, water, and lime juice, salt and pepper, let simmer for 45 minutes until chicken begins to fall off the bone. Remove chicken, let cool. Remove bone and remaining skin, and shred with forks.
- In same saute pan, reduce mixture until thick. Remove mixture from the pan, add the remaining 2 ounces oil and potatoes and fry potatoes until crispy. Add onion and pepper mixture and shredded chicken. Press mixture together as it cooks and form into 1/2-inch cake. Flip over to brown both sides.
- Top with diced tomatoes and queso fresco.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Growers' Giveback Potluck
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More