- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 4-oz. chicken breast halves, skinned
- 3 tbsp. orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup defatted chicken broth or water
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 3-inch cinnamon stick
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp. potato starch
- Orange slices for garnish
- Parsley sprigs
- In a nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, brown the chicken breast on both sides in the orange juice concentrate and 1/4 cup of the broth for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon stick, pepper, cayenne, and 1/2 cup of the broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- With the remaining 1/4 cup broth, blend in the potato starch until smooth. Add this mixture to the skillet and stir until the gravy thickens and begins to bubble. Arrange the chicken on a platter and pour the sauce over all or pass the sauce around to individual plates. Garnish with the orange slices and parsley.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More